*Improv* Half-Square Triangle

 


I have been playing with the well known half square triangle unit. This is one of the top quilt blocks in quilting.

Oh, how much fun it was to modify and stretch the possibilities.

My goal was:

1- Start with a 7 1/2 inch square and form a half square unit and don't add any extra pieces of fabric.

2- Play with the placement of the blocks and be open to the design ideas that develop during this process, doesn't matter if I failed after a few attempts.

4- Settle with the most unusual design (for me) and finish!

This has been a fascinating process. I failed so many times trying to figure out how the improv composition works with only one block - half-square triangle- I learn a lot and I am pleased with the results. I like it so much that I already started another quilt, which I will share in a future post.


This is a close up before it has been quilted.



These are another close ups after it has been quilting. I have decided to quilt it in straight lines. A combination of machine stitching and hand embroidery lines makes this piece sing, don't you think? 

The size is 32" by 33". The binding is not sewn yet but I couldn't resist to share it :)

My quilting group organized a small quilt show in an art gallery to benefit the Women's Exchange in my hometown.

On the photograph you can see only part of the gallery- mine is in the bottom-Everyone did a wonderful job, was a delight to see all the works of art in one room with different styles.

My quilt *Circle flowers* went to a happy home and all the proceeds were donated to the Women's Exchange Organization.

I will be teaching two workshops online in January:

*The Book of secrets*

*Mixed media Graffiti*

I hope you can join me. You can read more about it HERE

You can  Get the details on how to register for these workshops here



2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I really like your improv "experiment"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret :) It is really fun...so many possibilities...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...