International Quilt Festival 2109- Part ONE


This is my 5th year teaching in Houston! What an intense experience this last meeting was.  I met wonderful students, quilters and artists. I also reconnected with friends. I am grateful for the opportunity to teach at this show.

The photograph you see above is my quilt *BLUE* which was a finalist in the contest *The World of Beauty*.

I will share some photographs of the people I met. With early mornings and late nights to prepare for my workshops, I had little time to socialize.


Here I am with Vanessa (first on the left, my traveling pal and dear friend), me, Felice and Mary Ann (new friends I met in Cyber space).

 
I am glad I spent some time with Kate Colleran, who always comes for Market but this time stayed extra days that happened to coincide with my stay.

 
I had the opportunity to meet Ricky Tims, who interviewed me. He has a great personality.


I met sweet Jo Avery. We had great laughs together.

 
Every year I stop at the  French - Quiltmania booth to say hello to Carole (the owner). This time I remembered to take a picture with her. I can't believe it has been 5 consecutive years working with her publishing articles since the release of her magazine Simply Moderne. Currently I am working on next year's article!

 
This is my donation quilt for this year's silent auction, since Quilt Festival celebrated its 45 year Anniversary, I decided to write the word *sapphire* and the number 45 on the background . Of course it is a paper and fabric quilt. It has been made with the technique I developed and named INC (Infused Newsprint Cloth)

 
A picture taken from the second floor to give you an idea how big this show is. It basically occupies the entire Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston..



Some of the Blue and White Exhibit. These quilts look wonderful together!

It is a beautiful feeling when many people show interest to learn from my ideas. I work hard to create projects based on new techniques. My heart smiles when my students immerse themselves and realized they can also create in a different way.

Here are some photographs of my students.






















Houston celebrated *Dias de los Muertos* on November 1. I was lucky enough to pass through the park returning to my hotel and participate for a while in the festivities. The music was fantastic and the show phenomenal. All was in Spanish so I felt right at home !


My heart is content!

I did have time to take photographs of magnificent quilts which I will share in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. I envy your students taking the class(es) from you!!!! I am almost enticed to head to Houston next year or the next place you are teaching....I would love to learn your technique for INC as well as your stitching technique(s). You are awesome and your workmanship is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robbie for your kind words. I would love to have you as my student. We both share the same love for surface design!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a great class Margarita. I had a great time and learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...