*BLUE* Quilt Show in Tennessee

 I am standing in front of my quilt. You can read more about the process here.

Last Friday was the opening reception for the Show called Stitched. Here in Memphis Tennessee! Can you imagine  seeing over 250 quilts ALL predominantly in  blue color in one room?
 
The requirements were to make a stitched three layer quilt with any material but a measurement of 24" by 24". Oh.. what a feast for the eyes.

These are some of the quilts from the Show; some have been made with paper and fabric!!  I apologize for not having the names for every artist but the labels were very small and the venue was crowded. Enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 close up
 
from my  friend Ronda. She did a Memphis landmark, clever idea!



from my friend Nancy



Here is my friend Vanessa posing with her quilt  (on top center). She overdyed the whole quilt after she finished sewing the three layers together, what a brave woman!
 
 
From my friend Patricia. She used paper and fabric.
From my friend Jeannie, the last quilt she made. I am sad she was not able to see it hanging in the show. We will miss you!
Bernice Johnson is the quilter standing in the middle. She made the quilt on the back with more than 1,000 2 square pieces. What a patience!
 
 
Detail
 
In just a few days I will be teaching this technique in my  coming workshop at The Dairy Barn Art Center. It is my first time participating in Quilt National
 
I am linked to: http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/. Go and visit what the other artist are doing and get inspire!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margarita, Your study in blue is tremendous. They are all truly deserving to be shown. Wow so much variety too! Absolutely splendid. Thanks for sharing. Julie Beard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed seeing some of the quilts.
      I will take more pictures next time I go :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...