*NEW* Article in Quilting Arts Magazine


My latest article is out! Featured in the October/November 2020 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine.


As quilters we love texture. Sometimes we like to try to find different kinds of fabrics for just that reason but unfortunately the fiber content can make it tricky to sew. What if I told you that you can transform almost any quilting fabric into a textured piece of cloth? That's the topic of this article. 



By using Flock Sheets on fabric you can create velvety texture. You will need a silkscreen, you can get it at My Store or you can use a stencil that you already have.


The borders of this quilt have been made with this technique. I made 4 different pieces and sewed them together. I think the blue circles make this art quilt sing...don't you think?

I hope you will try this new technique!

You can read  HERE my other latest article where I show how to add texture with paint!

I am linked to: NinaMarie

Stay safe :)

4 comments:

  1. I have not received my copy of the magazine yet, but I look forward to seeing your article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received my copy of QA on Saturday!! Haven't had time to read it yet but I did look at the pictures! HA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...