*Embrace who you are* Part Two ..the finished quilt

 
If you have been reading my blog you must have noticed when I was working with the theme quilt shown below for a very special person. If not you can read more about it HERE.

This was a very emotional project for me. Although I finished it a few months back I couldn't write about it until now.

While I was working on the quilt top, she reminded me that *pink* was not her favorite color anymore. And since I wanted her to use the quilt and not keep it in a closet I had to start all over again with a different color palette. Time was an issue, so I decided to choose from the fabrics I had at hand.

Every time I finish a project, I cut the leftover pieces into 4 and 5 inch squares and put them in a box. It is from there that I chose the fabric I knew she would like.
Pieces were cut, then mixed and matched and sewn together. Keep in mind that  *I am not a piecer*...so this was a personal challenge for me.
Meanwhile, I dyed and silkscreened the main fabric for the message and the background. I used the book Quilt Talk" by Sam Hunter for the lettering. It was my first experience doing paper piecing and liked it.
 
I played around with the colors and shapes
 
Finally I decided on the arrangement and finished the top.
Last, I gave it to her. She has sent me a picture of the quilt over her bed.

I am pleased that she is using the quilt I made with all my heart. Every time she lays down to rest "on" the message *embrace who you are*, I wish I could tell her the same while holding her in my arms.

Thank you for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! And a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilt and the printing makes it even better. I'm sure it will be will loved.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...