Storage in small spaces

The commotion of the holidays has passed. I don't know about you but I cannot start creating if I don't see everything tidy and organized. I don't have the luxury of having a big space like a studio so I have to improvise. We went to IKEA and found these sturdy carts in the kitchen section (ATTITYD drawer unit). By measuring the capacity of each drawer we realized that if we put three plastic inserts made for cuttlery inside, I could use it to store my threads and beads.I can take out the section I need and tag it along with me wherever I'm working and place it again in the drawer once I'm done. Best of all, because this carts has wheels, I can take it with me to any place in the house with all my materials in it in case I need it.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh what a fabulous purchase and I love the way you've organised it. Ikea really is the best!

    Happy New Year to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiring tip! I will have to make the trip to our Ikea soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks to me like you need more BEADS lol.
    I like organization but tidy runs from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I love things with wheels! I even have a file drawer with wheels. I am always rearranging furniture and such. I wish we lived close to an IKEA. We will have to make a 3 hour trip to one. I have never been to IKEA but my daughter has bought lots of stuff there and I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And totally awesome that the dividers fit in there perfectly! Hooray! I'm like you and love to create in a neat and tidy place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...