*NEW* Article in Simply Moderne Magazine

 

I have so many news to share but I cannot do it in one post. I will write several entries in the coming days.

My latest article has been released! This is my sixth consecutive year writing for the French magazine Simply Moderne Magazine.


My article shows how to paint quilt blocks with a technique I've called *Speckle Paint*. And believe me when I tell you that you need a cheese grater for this technique.

It is a very complete article, with detailed pictures of every step. It is 8 pages long! I created this technique because *Speckling* has always intrigued me. I tried many different ways through the years and finally I discovered how to do it. Each block is different and yet the end result is a cohesive quilt top since the same design is repeated several times.


You can create your own screens OR you can get a set of two, the same designs I used on my quilt at My Store

Also inside this issue there is an article about Quilt National. To promote this event a group of quilts was chosen and to my surprise they included a photograph of my winning quilt as well. That makes me very happy. An unexpected surprise.


And here are some details:


My final quilt ( 50" x 74"):

I hope you will try this new way of painting. It's lots of fun :)
Stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...