Working with LANA Aurifil Threads by Hand and by Machine on Infused Newsprint Cloth

*Petunia*
Paper and fabric quiltlet.
Love the finished effect of the LANA Aurifil Thread on the infused newsprint cloth based on my own technique where the end result is a pliable and washable fabric easy to sew.

If you have been reading my blog you must know by now how much I love to work with thick threads. I sew with them by hand and by machine.
For this *quiltlet* I used my HQ Sweet Sixteen sewing machine and Lana Aurifil threads. To have success in working with these threads on your machine you have to use a slower speed (I do not go faster then 35%), use a new needle (size 20) and 40w or 50w thread in the bobbin.
 The picture below shows how it should look in the back. Perfect tension.
After I finished sewing by machine, using the same threads I sew details by hand. Because of its textured nature it covers very well the background with a matte finish look.

6 comments:

  1. What is infused newsprint cloth? How do you make it? I am intrigued with this idea. Love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kate, I call *Infused Newsprint Cloth* a process I developed where the paper and fabric becomes one. Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Margarita,
    How are you doing?
    I have missed you. :(
    I was having problems with Google for 7 months and finally my daughter figured what was wrong and I am back blogging! Yay
    Then in June had to have colon surgery so I am still on the mend but feeling better.
    I love Petunia! What a great quiltie.
    If you can please visit my blog and see my Geisha tags that I recently made and please leave a comment.
    Hugs and talk soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, I wish you a speedy recovery. Thank you for visiting me again ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...