"Flor, Fleur, Fiore" a paper and fabric quiltlet

Often I like to incorporate “surprise elements” in my art. Sometimes they are obvious to the viewer and sometimes one must look closer to discover them. For example, in this piece there are two dried flowers on the left corner of the vase. I picked them from the backyard garden I used to have while living in Minnesota.

The newsprint I used is from a trip I took last summer.
Detail, using thick 12 weight- Aurifil thread in the sewing machine.


  1. I cannot see the wee flowers...but I like this piece very much!

    1. On the photo doesn't show very well but the flowers are there. It's fun to hide something for the viewer to discover :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...