Hand Calligraphy on Fabric


I love to put lettering in my art work. Sometimes I silk-screen, stamp or paste but this time I wanted to do it free hand with ink.
Since my background was colored with acrylic paints I didn't have to worry that the ink would run.
I used FW acrylic artist ink and a dip pen. I love the intensity of color in this kind of ink.

 After it dried, I drew, pasted and sewed the design by hand and by machine; in this case, a turtle.
Oh, how much I love to mix machine stitching with hand embroidery. I see it like the icing on a cake!

11 comments:

  1. Your free-hand lettering is quite wonderful! Have you taken calligraphy lessons? To do something that large I would have to stencil!

    P.S. Thanks for your latest comment on my blog. I appreciate your support! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Margaret,It is not difficult to do free hand calligraphy. You can write over your painted background with *sharpie liquid pencil* before you wirte with the ink, it is very easy to erase your mistakes.
      I love to visit your blog because I love your work :)!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I love using FW inks. What a grest use of your calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris, I love those inks....just a happy customer.

      Delete
  3. Hi Margaret,
    I also love your work and i like text also. what kind of dip pen did you use ? and i have never heard of a sharpie pencil
    thanks for sharing
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula,
      Thank you for the nice comments. The *sharpie liquid pencil* is a new pen that's very easy to erase. I use it in almost all my mixed media work. You can find it in an office supply store. The dip pen I like to use is a pilot parallel pen,easy to fill and clean.

      Delete
  4. I love your mixture of surface design and hand stitching. I too like to put words on my quilts and you have given me another option. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...