Devoré Silk Velvet Scarf

To make this scarf, I followed the instructions from the latest article in Threads magazine which show how to do devoré and put color in it simultaneously. I have done devoré before but I've never tried it this way where you can color the underneath layer in the same process.
I borrowed the magazine from a nice lady so unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the author since I do not have a copy on hand.
Today I checked my materials and realized that I had them all and decided to give it a try.
I used yellow color mixed with the "etching paste" and a thermofax screen to do the circles. Overall, I am happy with the results.

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Another thing to put on my to do list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried devore, but I'll look up the magazine. September issue, is it? I'll check the stands next time I go to (1) the library and/or (2) the city. I loved your results, and think I might have most -- if not all -- materials to hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scarf - I've done devore but adding colour with the paste is an interesting variation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh...I bought the scarves to do this years ago, and your posting reminded me that I had them and wanted to try this! thank you for posting and I LOVE the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Thanks for posting your blog link on the Dyer's List. I usually don't click through (busy & reading on the fly) but I am so glad I did. I will check out the Threads article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Margarita,
    Bellisima! The colors remind me of Autumn!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...